Apollo Horticulture is a company that has been making grow tents since 2010.
Their previous model, known as the Apollo Horticulture GLO’s, included features like a material that was guaranteed to not come in contact with plants or growth medium, a fabric vent at the top of the tent to release any excess moisture, reflective walls to let more light in, a better ventilation system and tools to assemble it.
But the best thing about their tents were their mission statements. Their goal was to make a grow tent that was light weight, portable, easy to assemble and disassemble, all the while providing the user with a sturdy, convenient and low-cost solution for effective cannabis cultivation.
We’ve been using the new Apollo Horticulture GLO’s II tents for a few weeks now and we love them! But we’re not the only ones who love their tents! Check out what some of our reviewers have to say.
|Apollo Horticulture 36”x20”x62” Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent||Best Overall|
1. Apollo Horticulture 36”x20”x62” Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent
- Free reflective material
- Includes removable extraction fan
- Durable zipper covers
- Solid zinc construction
- Able to hold up to 100 lbs weight
- Tends to be a bit too small
- UV resistance is low
Apollo Horticulture is rapidly making a name for themselves in the hydroponics market with their grow tents having a high customer satisfaction. It boasts extraordinary light blocking and water tightness features that are sure to make growing your favorite plants much more enjoyable.
The Apollo Grow Tent is made out of zinc powder coated metal. This is an incredibly solid and sturdy material that has a few benefits. For one, metal is able to withstand a lot of abuse. Second, is that metal is able to distribute heat much more efficiently meaning better temperature control.
The tent measures 36 x 20 x 62 inches, and it can fit a six by six plant growing area. It also comes with free Mylar, and it is able to handle up to 100 pounds of weight. This is important because it means that the tent is able to support a whole lot of weight. If your tent were to break you should be able to avoid injuries or accidents caused from the weight of the plants and soil. Or if you’re growing six six large plants, you want a tent to hold the weight.
2. Apollo Horticulture 48”x24”x60” Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent
- Large size suitable for growing up to 12 plants
- Sturdy mylar interior that prevents light leakage
- The breathable and waterproof exterior protects your plants from pests, season changes, and water spills
- Includes free U.S. shipping
- Heavier than canvas grow tents
- Strong plastic smell when brand new
We’ve reviewed the 48”x24”x60” Mylar hydroponic grow tent, which is a fantastic option for urban farmers and for commercial purposes. The sturdy mylar interior keeps light from leaking out, which is important to ensure optimal plant growth.
It’s also worth mentioning that mylar is a far more effective material than cotton canvas. Many growers choose mylar tents due to the fact that the material doesn’t rip or tear easily. With that said this tent is quite sturdy and is well worth the investment.
The tent is easy to assemble and can be set up in under 10 minutes. The interior of the tent can be covered with virtually any plant, since the mylar provides almost no light. The mylar is moisture proof and has a waterproof zipper, so it’s ideal for indoor use.
3. Apollo Horticulture 36”x36”x72” Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent
- Perfect for indoor marijuana gardens
- Easy to setup
- Very effective vapor barrier
- The 3M mylar material is highly reflective and blocks harmful light
- The air circulation allows for cooling in summer and heating in winter
- Completely out of sight thanks to the discreet design
- Ideal for small spaces
- Food-grade construction and effective waterproofing keep your plants safe
- The door is a bit tricky to set up
- Can be a bit bulky if you have enough plants grow in it
- The door is not waterproof therefore exposing your plants to moisture
The Apollo Horticulture grow tent is the ideal gardening accessory if you want to grow plants indoors. It has a Mylar inner layer to keep light inside and to keep your plants from different temperature changes. It can be used either with HID/LED lights or natural light.
The Apollo Horticulture Grow Tent has a complete waterproofing mechanism. It includes taped seams and welded floors for a leak-free operation.
The air circulation is excellent due to the multiple vents included. This allows you to control temperature fluctuations and the humidity inside.
4. Apollo Horticulture 48”x48”x80” Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent
- The double zippers that go the full length of the tent give you easy access to your plants
- The removable floor make it easy to set up and clean.
- Two air vents allow you to control the amount of heat in your grow tent.
- A sturdy frame means you won’t have to worry about your plants toppling over.
- Quick and sturdy setup.
- The instructions are less than clear.
The Apollo Horticulture grow tent is the best one on our list because it’s the best and most complete package on the market. In fact, it’s a package that you won’t find matched anywhere else. This tent will allow you to do hydroponics with high-intensity LED lighting. It will give your plants the nutrients they need and the air they need to breathe.
You’ll have two air vents that allow you to tweak the temperature inside. That means you’ll be able to keep your plants healthy no matter the season. This tent can also protect your plants and let you set the humidity levels inside.
5. Apollo Horticulture 60”x60”x80” Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent
- Set up is a breeze
- Excellent customer service
- Compact and fits in most grow rooms or grow tents
- Tent has no chemical odor
- Three-year limited warranty
- Vinyl is thin and may tear easily
- Attic, basement, or garage ‗ this tent does not like high humidity or temperatures over 90 degrees Fahrenheit
Apollo Horticulture is one of the largest suppliers of hydroponic supplies for indoor gardening. They have set the standard in grow tent technology and they are the industry leader for a reason. Their 60”x60”x80” Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent is the perfect tent for professional growers, hobbyists, or the casual gardener with nay indoor plant growing needs.
The Apollo Horticulture Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent is a convenient and safe way to grow your plants indoors. The tent is made of heavy duty material that protects plants from insects, odors, and excessive growth lights. It can be used for both indoor and outdoor applications. The Apollo Horticulture 60”x60”x80” is a convenient and economical solution for your indoor growing applications.
6. Apollo Horticulture 96”x48”x80” Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent
- Provides privacy and security
- Up to 4 times more efficient than soil
- Can be used as a fish tank or growing a bunch of different kinds of plants
- No-leak construction
- Easy to install
- Requires minimal space
- Some parts are not made with the best materials
- Somewhat expensive
- Not as easy to use for beginners
This grow tent from Apollo Horticulture is one of the most popular grow tents on the market today. It’s highly versatile, easy to use, easy to assemble, and durable. It comes with a ten year warranty, which is one of the longest warranties in the industry.
This tent can be used to grow just about anything from plants to fish, and it can be harvested up to four times faster. The tent is made from industrial grade seals and a double layer construction that’s designed to prevent light infiltration.
The vent, door, and light porting is easy to maintain as the covers open and close very easily.
7. Apollo Horticulture 77"x77"x77" Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent
- Easy to set up
- Easy to assemble
- Very inexpensive
- Tall and wide to allow plenty of space for the plants
- Thick material means less light leaks
- Offers a 95% light block for your plants
- Not the strongest material … the frame is thin, but that’s not surprising
- One customer had issues with the zippers
- Most complaints from customers were about shipping time
If you are looking for a great tool to grow your plants in a specific location or on a certain schedule, then you aren't alone. The Apollo Horticulture Grow Tent is the perfect solution for you.
This particular tent is very similar to the tents used in garden nurseries and professional growers all over the world. It offers a great way to grow your plants without having to have an indoor garden with a lot of wasted space.
The Apollo Horticulture 77"x77"x77" Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent is made of a very thick material, ensuring little light is able to get through, allowing for your plant to grow much faster.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Are grow tents worth it?
Grow tents offer a great way to grow your own weed indoors. They’re easy to set up and they can be stored after use.
There are two main categories of grow tents: opaque and transparent. Opaque tents are very popular because they offer privacy and better light blocking. For example, if you live in an apartment that’s directly above another apartment, a transparent tent might not be right for you. The opaque tents also provide more heat insulation and they’re more durable. For the best grow tent experience, you should opt for an opaque grow tent.
Are grow tents light proof?
Grow tents are typically very effective at preventing light leaks. This is especially true for thick, high quality grow tents, such as Apollo tents. The ideal size or rating of a grow tent depends entirely on your setup.
Apollo tents include multi-layer mesh that’s super-thick and diffuses light in all directions. This makes for a perfect, light proof grow tent that’s great for growing plants from seed to harvest.
Are Gorilla Grow Tents smell proof?
Gorilla Grow Tent is a complete grow tent that features an innovative sealing technology that gives the tent maximum odor and light resistance. As the manufacturer states, Gnarly Grow Tent’s durability and precision engineering make it ideal for both indoor and outdoor grow ops. Plus, Gnarly Grow Tents are made in the USA, so they’re sure to last.
Do LED Grow Tents need ventilation?
LED grow tents don’t require external fans for ventilation because their flexible power consumption requires very little air.
This is an important consideration when choosing a light for your grow tents. Airflow is required. Not enough air flow can lead to mold, stagnant air, errors in temperature and humidity monitoring, and poor plant growth. You’ll cut light intake with non-drip inline fans and ducting. However, air circulation is still important. For maximum safety and your own peace of mind, just make sure the fan you select is rated for the light you’re buying.
We also offer a great deal of information about Apollo grow tents, in an effort to sort out the facts from the speculation to help you choose the tent that’s right for you. We look at how solid they are, what they look like on the inside and what the reviews have to say. We also review the frame hooks that some of the tents come with. These let you hang light bulbs and timers from the center of the tent, to better control the environment for your plants. And we look at the claims of the low cost of replacement parts and the warranty for broken glass.
|Apollo Horticulture 36”x20”x62” Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent||Best Overall|