An expandable hose is a hose that has the convenient feature of being able to contract to less than its original length upon retracting it into your garage or shed, and expand to its full length when using it.
Expandable hoses are a great solution to the problem of not having enough space in your garage or shed to store your hose in its usual coiled state.
Although expandable hoses are primarily known for their ability to expand and contract, they have many other brilliant features.
Some expandable hoses even feature a multi-spray nozzle, from which you can choose from a wide variety of options including solid streams, rush flow, flat spray, and mist spray.
Moreover, some expandable hoses can be filled with water that’s hotter than 90 degrees. This is great for people who live in cool areas and would like to wash their car during the winter.
For those who like to wash their cars on a regular basis, a good expandable hose will be an indispensable piece of kit in their garage.
|Aterod 75 feet Expandable Garden Hose||Best Overall|
|Zalotte Expandable Garden Hose||Budget Pick|
|GrowGreen Garden Hose 75 Feet Expandable Hose||Upgrade Pick|
1. Aterod 75 feet Expandable Garden Hose
- The hose has a solid metal wire reinforcement
- It features a metal spring core coil which prevents kinking
- It has a convenient 9 function spray nozzle
- The spraying nozzle is made from high-quality brass and polished chrome
- The hand-held spray nozzle is detachable as well as flexible
- The hose is 75-feet expandable and comes with a 1-year warranty
- Unfortunately, the hose is not collapsible
- It is a bit more expensive than normal expandable garden hoses
- Several users have noted that the hose developed leaks pretty quickly
Are you looking for an expandable garden hose that will last you for years to come? Then the Aterod 75 feet expandable garden hose is for you. Expandable garden hoses can be used around the house since the water flow is turned off in the winter.
Plus, the expandable garden hose can also be used for various purposes like watering, cleaning, rinsing, or watering pets and gardens. Aterod has made an expandable garden hose that comes with a solid metal wire reinforcement which prevents kinking. The hose features a metal spring core coil which prevents kinking and keeps a straight line.
2. Flexi Hose & 8 Function Nozzle
- Dependable plastic connectors
- Sticks to itself via static charge
- Unbeatable fit and finction
- Less than 50 inches when coiled
When the Flexi Hose came out, it instantly became very popular. The key to the Flexi's popularity is its unique design. It's an expandable garden hose that rolls up and fits in a carrying bag. The best part is that when it's time to water you just pull it out and it expands. The hose has a silent, strong, and kink resistant design with brass nozzles for increased durability.
The hose can expand to a length of 50 feet and as you stretch it the hose locks in. The 12-inch wide hose is extremely flexible and there are no kinks, cracks, or leaks. Its unique design truly allows the hose to stretch and maintain its shape.
The Flexi Hose also comes with several built-in features to ensure its durability. The Flexi comes with a unique self-flaring brass nozzle with a sliding locking ring to make sure it stays in place. It also has a patented dust cover that protects the internal hose and prevents dirt from getting in.
3. VIENECI 100ft Garden Hose Expandable Hose
- High durability – create a solid relationship with your hose
- Lightweight – easy to carry and use
- Anti-kink design – easy storage when coils up
- Strong 3/4" Solid brass connectors – powerful and solid
- Quick connect couplers – convenient and easy to use
- 9 sprays nozzle – your garden will be perfectly watered
- Can be difficult to roll back up
When it comes to expandable hoses, you can rely on the Vieneci 100ft Garden Hose Expandable Hose for getting the job done. Our top pick is a solid, all-round hose that's built to withstand your needs for years to come. It's made of heavy-duty polyester fabric that's puncture resistant and incredibly lightweight.
This expandable hose will fit your needs perfectly as it's incredibly easy to set up and collapse. It has a comfort-grip rubberized handle that makes carrying it a breeze. And as if the expandable hose doesn't do enough for you, it also comes with an impressive no-kink design and comes with a spray nozzle with 9 different settings.
4. Garden Hose Expandable Set 100ft
- Durable hose
- Features brass connectors and spray nozzle
- Available in different sizes
- No clogging
- No leaks
- Comes with a 1-year 100% money back guarantee
If you’re familiar with the brand Armex, you’ll know that they have been making high quality hoses for a number of years now. And this expandable hose is no different. Made with the same level of quality that you’d expect from Armex, this is one of the best expandable hoses you can buy today.
With this hose, you can extend it up to 100ft. It has four layers of latex that make it tough, and it features brass connectors that don’t rust and a 10-way durable zinc water spray nozzle.
It’s a fairly affordable hose, although it does cost a little more than the average expandable hose.
5. Zalotte Expandable Garden Hose
- Lightweight and compact
- High-quality components
- Multiple water functions
- No pump included
- Not very wide
- Non-reinforced hose
This expandable hose is an excellent choice for your needs when watering your yard. The unit is a durable lightweight at only 4.8 lbs and can expand up to 100 ft giving you a good range of movement while watering your garden.
It comes with a 25 ft. hose which can be expanded to 42 ft. to give you a large enough range to reach all corners of your house. It is very easy to use with a simply pull and lock mechanism that expands the hose and a simple push and lock mechanism that collapses it.
The hose has 9 watering functions with spray for a more gentle effect and the integrated brass nozzle for regular watering throughout the garden. Each nozzle pipe is made of solid brass and the water hose itself is made of 3750 D durable material that can stretch to 100 feet. It’s also leakproof and light making it extremely portable. It also comes with a free storage bag for easy portability.
6. GrowGreen Garden Hose
- Excellent price
- Lightweight and easy to handle
- Does not lose water under pressure
- It is not heavy-duty
- Sometimes the nozzle is removed accidentally
If you want to buy the best expandable garden hose on the Amazon market, then GrowGreen best expandable garden hose may a suggestion for you. This garden hose has been designed as a heavy-duty hose that can be used for any purpose for a long time.
This product is made with flexible, durable and lightweight polyurethane material. This garden hose is also very easy to use and has brass connectors; the connectors are very simple to use and can easily be connected and disconnected. The flexibility of this product is quite good compared to other expandable garden hoses available on the market; therefore, it can be stretched easily.
In addition, this product comes with a spray nozzle, garden hose repair kit, and garden hose nozzle. This is specially designed for heavy use and it comes with a nozzle with five different modes.
7. TheFitLife Flexible and Expandable Garden Hose
- Easy storage option for those who tend to wrangle with tangled hoses.
- The spray nozzle works without any problems.
- The triple latex core makes it a very sturdy hose.
- Durable and lightweight for convenient use.
- Fittings are solid brass and resistant to rust and kink.
- Can expand from 9.2 feet to 25-feet, allowing you flexibility.
- Has a 25-year warranty.
TheFitLife is a Flexible and Expandable Garden Hose that, as its name suggests, is both flexible AND expandable. It has a triple latex core that is more flexible, durable and lightweight than other hoses.
It has a 25-foot length that can expand to 25-feet or 9.2 meters, and its solid brass fittings resist rust and kink. It has a spray nozzle with eight different water settings that are easily accessible.
This hose is easy to store as it can flatten out and neatly roll up around itself. There is a 25-year warranty and a money back guarantee included.
8. GrowGreen Garden Hose 75 Feet Expandable Hose
- Very good quality for the price
- Easy to install
- Able to spray different modes
- Lightweight and can be coiled
300 PSI Heavy Duty, High Quality Garden Hose, Made in The USA.
If you’ve tried to coil a garden hose only to have it fall apart in your hands, you’ll need one of these round expandable, lightweight hoses. The GrowGreen expandable garden hose is the perfect garden hose solution to your watering needs. It is lightweight and the connectors are brass.
It has a metal swivel connector head that you can adjust to spray in different modes. The hose is made of 100% PVC which doesn’t rust, kink, or tangle. It’s ideal for easy movement throughout your yard. Additionally, it is compatible with all standard garden hose nozzles.
9. Triple Hose Expandable Garden Hose
- Available in 8-way nozzle
- Quality built and sturdy construction
- Comes with bonus accessories, such as mounting bracket and garden hose connectors
- 1-year return policy
- Not very long despite being expandable
- The brass shut-off valve tends to leak
If you want an expandable hose that is flexible yet durable, look no further than the Triple Hose Expandable Garden Hose. It's made of latex and won't crack, unlike the PVC hoses which are similar in design. The three latex layers within the hose protect it and enhance its flexibility, so you don't need to worry about kinks or cracking.
This hose can be bent 90 to 180-degrees with ease, whether it is full of water or not. The brass nozzle features a patented integrated flow control and pressure regulator to allow you to control the water flow and pressure from your faucet or water hose.
You can get to water your garden or fill your pool in no time at all with this lightweight hose, which expands to 5 times its original length. At a 2-year replacement warranty, it's one of the best expandable hoses you'll find on the market right now. The Triple Hose comes in a wide variety of colors and lengths, with a power sprayer, a nozzle, and a mounting bracket included.
10. Newest 75 Foot Expandable Garden Hose
- Excellent length
- Doesn’t kink easily
- Great spray pattern – 8 different patterns
- Made from durable materials
- All of the connectors are made of brass rather than plastic
- Warranty & support
- Expands very slowly
- Gets heavy and hard to manage when fully extended
- May develop leaks
When it comes to watering your garden or doing those fun water balloons fights, you need a good reliable hose. A hose that’s of good length, durable, and which sprays good water pressure. The newest 75ft expandable Garden Hose, Strongest Expanding Hose is our top pick because it ticked all of those boxes perfectly.
This expandable hose is 75 feet in length. It can expand up to 15 times its original length and can fit even the smallest of places like the corner of your yard for storage. It’s made from triple layer latex core and 48-ply fabric, which are both extremely durable. The hose is also equipped with a booster nozzle for high water pressure, a micro spray nozzle for watering delicate plants, and a full spray nozzle for heavy and normal sprinkling needs.
11. CRENOVA 50ft Extendable Hose Garden Hose
- The textilene material provides ample strength and flexibility
- It has a sturdy plastic end nozzle with brass connectors
- It is available in 3 different sizes up until 50ft
- It can be expanded to larger sizes if required
- The hose is constructed using double latex core
- The hose can be extended and retracted in seconds
- The hose can be a tad heavy for some
- The extra long sizes are pretty difficult to transport
- Hose nozzle is too wide for some
This expandable hose is the perfect garden hose for all your watering needs. It comes in three fun colors – black, red, and blue. It’s made of high quality textilene and comes with double latex core, a sturdy plastic end nozzle with brass connectors, and a solid brass connector.
12. iZEEKER in 2017,Three Times Expandable 50 Feet Magic Hose,Washing Car Hose,Strongest Expandable Garden Hose,Solid Brass Ends
- Made of double latex material
- Anti-kink properties
- No leaks when expanded 150%, easy to store
- Virtually indestructible
- Right amount of flexibility
- Made in the USA
- Parts might get stuck during expansion, resulting in water being sprayed everywhere
- Thicker than most expandable hoses (which can be a good or bad thing, depending on you)
Listed above is our top pick for the best expandable hose in 2019. This garden hose is great for washing off the car, watering plants, or just making the hose reach farther.
This expandable hose expands one time to up to 25 feet and then it goes up to 50 feet. When you turn the water on, water goes through the handle, and it comes out one end. The miracle of this hose is that it is still just one continuous piece of hose.
Since it is expandable and not just wound up, you get full water flow and great pressure at all points. This is a great hose for high power sprayers and it is also strong enough to siphon up to 30 gallons of water per minute!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best expandable hose to buy?
Choosing a good expandable hose is not as easy as it sounds. Many users are not even sure what they should be looking for. To satisfy every consumer need, hose companies provide different types of expandable hoses with varying features, benefits, and drawbacks.
The most important qualities to look out for before purchasing an expandable hose are:
Bottom Price Link: Best Expandable Hose
A high-quality expandable hose is definitely not cheap and choosing a good one is not an easy task. If you are also looking for the best expandable hose, you are in the right place. We have compiled a list of the best expandable hoses of today to keep your lawn or garden looking sharp and refreshed, no matter the weather.
Are expandable hoses any good?
The best expandable hoses are great because they have an internal spring that allows them to cool down faster and they are less likely to develop a kink. They also tend to last longer than standard hoses because they have a higher durability rating. So the next time you’re considering a kink-free, space-saving option, consider purchasing an expandable hose.
What should I look for in an expandable hose?
Check the flexibility of the hose: does it kink and tangle easily? How easily can you pack it into a box? Is it lightweight? Is it sturdy enough to withstand pressures of water spraying from it?
Consider the colors of the hose: do you have to worry about it staining your outdoor furniture? Is it durable and weatherproof?
What about the connectors? Are they the right size for your spigots and hoses? Is the connector lightweight and easy to use?
What about the size of the hose itself? How large does the hose expand to? How long is it?
Can expandable hoses be repaired?
Yes, but they are hard to repair. Some DIY stores may have the accessories and materials you need for fixes, but most people simply toss the old hose and replace it with a new one. Sure, there are decent expandable hoses in the market, but getting into repairs is not worth the hassle. Most consumers do not even know how to change a hose and instead opt to replace it with a better one.
With this post, we hope we have cleared the air about cold water expansion and created enough of a buzz in the farming community to get them to change the way they do things. Realistically speaking, it won’t likely happen. But, we can make a difference, and each of us can help by passing the word to our fellow farmer friends, our farmer associations, and our local agricultural vets. If enough of us do this, we just might start to see a real change in the irrigation industry.
|Aterod 75 feet Expandable Garden Hose||Best Overall|
|Zalotte Expandable Garden Hose||Budget Pick|
|GrowGreen Garden Hose 75 Feet Expandable Hose||Upgrade Pick|